Monday, January 11, 2010

So what if I look like a Sardine

Oh my lord, it's come to my attention that I may just be a hypocrit in the style department! Just a few short weeks after advising if its blue and black take it back, I very nearly did take it back. All the way back from Harbour Town, WA to my wardrobe!! Yep, even I succumbed to the temptation of a heavily reduced number from Ojay (with bling) in all the wrong shades.! My only saving grace, those damned post-baby E cups and a zip that refused to do up!

Now before you roll your eyes, ignore my advice and run off to scoop up your own post Christmas sales in the most inappropriate of colours, I have a few things I would like to say in my defence…

1. It was a complete bargain…reduced from something ludicrous like $99.95 to $19.95...and as a result, I was quite clearly blindsided by temptation;
2. I had not been shopping in a week and was desperate, and
3. The cut and design was simply divine.

Yes, fabulous people, this was a perfect example of compromise whereby the look and fit of the garment was so far beyond the colour, nobody would care if my skin tone took on the look of a well packaged sardine. So, the next time you find yourself standing in front of the reduced rack in Ojay and come across a gorgeous black satin top with inch thick navy shoulder straps and trim, and supported by a crest of silver and pearl bling…buy it! Then think of me…

HOT TIP: The sales at Ojay are particularly impressive this post Chrissie season. Like most stores, the good old GFC (as in global financial crisis, not Geelong Football Club) is prompting retailers to bring their prices down more than the norm in an attempt to persuade shoppers to spend. No further encouragement needed really!! Keep your eyes peeled for some good quality clothes between $30 and $100.00. If you are lucky there will be an extra 20%-30% off the already reduced price, and if you are near a direct factory outlet or a Harbour Town even better. Happy shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to have a conversation with you so please leave me a comment. MFS xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...