Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What am I wearing Wednesday


After a day spent working from home, which involved several outfit changes because really what do you wear to work from home so you can still feel glamorous, and once again I’m excited to be back at work tomorrow with yet another excuse to embark on my own personal weekly fashion experience. To be honest, I didn’t think my proposed style expedition would eventuate. DH came home from work early feeling a tad poorly and BB1 and BB2 conspired with each other to stay awake for as long as possible, which totally threatened to derail my end of evening goal...discovering what delights I had waiting for me in the smallest wardrobe in the world. Luckily an old episode of the original Trinny and Susannah and two tiring children who decided to take pity on their frazzled mummy did the trick, and I quickly got to work. Well, you could have knocked me over with a feather at how quickly this outfit came together. Equally, I was completely bowled over at how the top half combo of singlet and drape cardi from Sussans could easily go from casual affair to sexy, smart professional in one tiny clasp of a cinch belt. The singlet, in case you are interested has a twisted strap on the left shoulder which causes a subtle drape affect across the cleavage...gorgeous. Anyhow, my cousin Kate, you know the one with the defective fashion gene and over-sized Brady Bunch tee shirt is sure to love this look. The skirt is identical to the one we purchased for her during our capsule collection experience at the table eight clearance store at DFO South Wharf. It’s gold satin with a touch of mustard and I loved it so much that I brought one too. At $14.95 it was a complete bargain. If she looks close enough, I think Kate will also recognise the belt - $10 from Jacqui E also at DFO South Wharf and also identical to one she procured on same said shopping expedition. I know what you are thinking – fashion stalker! But no, we are related...it’s allowed. To top it off I added a set of purple crystal beads I brought from Myer a couple of years ago at 50 per cent off the lowest marked price and my fabulous taupe coloured peep-toes from Steve Madden. The very same peep-toes I might add, I nearly wore with my purple Leona dress last week that I thought hurt my feet. Turns out, if you remove the heel cinchers that were put in the very first time you wore them they don’t hurt anymore. Brilliant! I also popped on a purple flower ring from Diva and after some debate added a spark of colour with an Olga Berg bag in tones of red, metallic pink and purple suede. I just love this outfit...let’s check it out:

Singlet from Sussans with a twist strap, full price $59.95
Drape cardi also Sussans, $39.95 reduced from $99.95
Skirt from Table Eight clearance store, $14.95 reduced from $39.95
Cinch belt from Jacqui E, $10.00 reduced from $29.95
Ring, $5 Diva
Steve Madden peep toes, $21 reduced from $129.00
Olga Berg handbag, gift from cousin
Necklace $14.95 during a 50 per cent off lowest mark price sale at Myer
Total spend: $165.80

HOT TIP: The twisted strap singlet featured in this look is currently on sale at selected Sussans stores for $29.95. It’s fabulous. I’ve worn it with my wide-legged jeans from target and ballet flats for a casual look and my skinny jeans and witchery taupe pants with cardi and heels for a more glam effect. Now I’m wearing it to work with a gold satin pencil skirt and peep toe heels. $59.95 well spent, don’t you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to have a conversation with you so please leave me a comment. MFS xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...