Thursday, February 4, 2010

Its casual Friday...chirp, chirp, chirp!


Ok, so temptation got the better of me and I splurged on the All About Eve tee from everyone’s favourite new on-line boutique Birdsnest.com.au. I know I shouldn’t have, I am after all trying very hard to sacrifice coffee for that luscious pair of curvy fit Bettina Lianos, which I have since discovered also come in a bootleg and as everyone knows, if you have hips and a bum then you can’t go past a bootleg! But, the temptation got the better of me and besides, the lovely birds in the nest kindly gave me permission to pop their logo on my blog so you have direct access to on-line shopping heaven, it was the least I could do. It arrived last night - just two days after placing my order, beautifully wrapped in white tissue paper and sealed in a handy re-usable carry bag bearing the birdsnest.com.au logo in all its lovely crimson glory, which was very considerate as I was just thinking I needed a nice new re-usable carry bag to take on the train tomorrow. But that is not all...inside the parcel was a customer loyalty card proudly advising me that I would receive a hand-picked girlie treat for every $500 I spent...oooohh...and a hand written note welcoming me to the nest! Really, does it get any better than that? No it doesn’t but for a moment there, I thought it was about to become a lot worse!

After charging into the bedroom for a trial run I was immediately gutted! It didn’t fit! How did this happen...it was supposed to be perfect but instead it struggled to sit over my shoulders and arms without causing my E cups to become H cups and threaten to take over the world. I sought solace in a text message to my wonderful friend Mel who quite appropriately responded ... “Bummer!” What was I going to do? I had already committed this tee to casual Friday and it was late to back out now. So, three story-books and a couple of songs later I was back in front of the smallest wardrobe in the world determined to make it work or dislocate my elbow trying. Who would have thought that after much tugging and pulling and readjusting it would be the hairstyle that would make all the difference...I kid you not! Turns out a bit of fluffing and flouncing up-top transformed the look from pimple on a mountain to luscious stylette with some killer curves! The neck-line is probably a little bit higher than your average E cup – or even D cup, should wear but throw some dangly sparkles around your neck and dark skinny jeans to draw the eye down and dare anyone to tell you otherwise. The long-line length of the tee with its gathered side sat beautifully folded around my hips to hide that post-baby budge, and wedge mules from Kmart that I forgot I had – don’t you just love it when that happens...topped it all off. Thank you birdies...you’ve made my casual Friday complete. I love it!

Check it out!
All about Eve tee, Birdsnest.com.au $39.95 reduced from $49.45
Postage, $10
DKNY skinny jeans $40
Kmart mules $29.95
Purple glass beads as per “What am I wearing on Wednesday” $14.95
Diva bling ring from the Melbourne airport store, 2 for 1 sale, $5
Fridge shoulder bag from Sussans, $10 reduced from $79.95
Total spend $149.85

HOT TIP: It’s never a good idea to try on your new clothes after you’ve spent the previous 14 hours on your feet running around after the kids, your boss and your DH, who is still feeling a bit poorly, poor love. Even the most glamorous of garments is going to look hideous and have you running and screaming from your room in fright claiming manically you need to the go the gym and you need to go now! When buying or trying on anything new take a few moments to relax. Do your hair, have a wine and wipe the dark smudges from the day’s make-up off your face. Try where possible to ensure that you have the coordinating items such as your jeans, sparkles and mules on hand to give your new acquisition the best possible chance of booking a berth in your wardrobe. And don’t be afraid to adjust. It doesn’t always work but if you don’t try, you’ll never know what you may miss out on. Oh, and do add a cami underneath, particularly if you have E cups and a drape back. Unless your name is Carrie Bradshaw or you are dressed by Patricia Fields, the exposed bra strap is never a good look...on anyone.

1 comment:

  1. And the outfit did look wonderful when I saw you on the train that day! I love the top and it worked so well with the beads!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to have a conversation with you so please leave me a comment. MFS xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...