Monday, August 23, 2010

So, what did you do on Saturday?

I had every intention of banging out a post or two this weekend, but I just never seemed to find five minutes to sit down and string more than a few words together. So now I’m playing catch-up on my recent round of style shenanigans, albeit with a difference. You see, I didn’t actually do anything startlingly fashion forward over the weekend, but I had such a fabulous couple of days, I thought I’d tell you all about it starting with Saturday. It began with a couple of hours with my little people in our PJs in front of the TV on Saturday morning before I nipped off to the Estee Lauder counter for a make-over courtesy of a free August promotion. I just love free August promotions, don’t you? If I had not stopped off a few days earlier to pick up a new pure colour eye-shadow that I simply couldn’t live without;  I probably would have missed it. Berry blush with a sassy shimmer, isn’t it divine? While I was there having my make-over, I also procured a new tube of peach-coloured lip gloss to add to my collection. Very smooch-a-licious.


Next stop was the local community centre to vote. I had no idea who I was going to give my preference too, not that it mattered. The country is still in turmoil with a hung parliament and people grappling for power. Thank goodness for honey joys, which I favoured over the obligatory sausage sizzle on the way out. The local senior citz put on a fine cake and bake stall and I picked up a tray of half-a-dozen giant joys for $3.50. This is them right after I taste tested one and immediately before I tried another. They were a big hit with the little people too.
For lunch, I stopped at the local supermarket for some value-packed honey ham, and freshly baked croissants and dinner roles from Bakers’ Delight. I do like a good croissant and they make a fabulous lunch-time alternative despite all the added calories. Luckily it was official ‘pamper day’ for your friendly style-queen-in-training so I gave little thought to incidentals...like my waist line! This was a ham, cheese and tomato combo that I prepared for Dr Love right before I popped it under the grill and burnt it to a crisp! Probably shouldn’t have spent so long admiring my make-up.

After lunch, it was off to the hair-dressers for a new do. I’ve been growing my hair for months, did I tell you? I’ve had really short hair for about 11 years and attempted to grow it out at least three times. In case I haven’t told you already, hair is the ultimate fashion accessory and you should give your locks as much attention as you would give your wardrobe, regardless of its size. Cut and colour can make a huge difference to your ‘look’ so knowing what works best to flatter your face shape and bring out your eyes and skin is just as important on top of your head as it is below. I am absolutely stoked with my new cut, but then again I do have the best hairdresser in the world, so I’m not sure why I should be surprised. She can navigate big hair and flat head better than anyone else I know, and she loves my colour wheel. Makes her job so much easier.

Then just to round out the day, I picked up these oh so cute pair of ear-rings from Collette, a new cut-priced accessories store that recently opened up at my local shopping centre. They were $2.00, reduced from $3.99. Bargain. I’m a little bit partial to baby-bling these days. Not that I have anything against ear accessories that may be on the larger side. I’m just like any other SQUIT who is yearning for a bit of dangly glam but for day wear at the mo I prefer something more subtle and less likely to be grabbed by the inquisitive fingers of my little people! Besides, I lack ear lobes so the sake of style and comfort...the smaller the better.

So, how about you? How was your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to have a conversation with you so please leave me a comment. MFS xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...