Thursday, April 8, 2010

Strutting my stuff to the "I love Sussan" song


What do you get when you cross a pencil style tulip-skirt with flesh-coloured fishnets (with back seam) and black patent heels? One hot mamma who is strutting her stuff to the “I love Sussan” song. Check it out, this is my ILS outfit # 4 and it’s smokin’... Yeow! So before I begin, I must tell you that I am still partially affected by the great hard-drive debacle, but determined to shop on so I brought the skirt on Monday from my local. I nipped in for a quick squiz on route to the supermarket and nipped out again with a new acquisition at 20 per cent off the lowest marked price. Even mummy fox, the original shopping queen was impressed at my ‘look what I found on sale when I was looking to buy bananas" prowess. Even better, this little baby only cost me $39.95 and it was worth every double point. What I love about it is its take on last season’s hottest must have - the tulip skirt...you know the one? Rather short and balloons out from the waist then nips in at the hem. Absolutely adorable for the slender Gen Ys, but leaning toward the ridiculous on those of us with decent child bearing hips on the downward slide to forty! The dynamic designers behind the scenes at big Sue’s have created this spectacular variation for the more mature fashion connoisseur like little old’ moi. This particular number has a wide yoke with a zip feature and dips to a point above the left hip, which breaks up the wide expanse of colour, thus making those of us with the hot mamma moniker even hotter. Front pleats and faux front wrap create the tulip look but keep the puff to a minimum around problem thighs. I teamed the skirt with a fitted latte coloured singlet to make the most of the knock-em dead-eat your heart our Marilyn Monroe hour-glass figure (don’t forget the magic knickers) and long sleeve, long line cardigan to ward off the wind. Love this cardi! So soft and fabulous and only cost me $30 courtesy of yet another $50 VIP voucher. OMG, I love double points. Keeping up with the neutral theme, I added new wooden beads - $4, thank you very much Diva and gold hoop ear-rings. Va va voom fashionistas...why don’t you try the look.

Check it out:
Sussan skirt reduced to $39.95 on a 20 per cent of lowest marked price sale
Sussan singlet, full price at $24.95 purchased over 12 months ago
Sussan cardigan from the new collection, $30 after the $50 VIP voucher
Fishnet stockings with back seam, $5 from a Myer 50 per cent of lowest marked price sale
Black patent wedge heel, Wittner reduced to $30 two years ago
Dive wooden beads, $4
Ear-rings, can’t remember-had them for years, but they were under $10.00.
Total cost under $143.90

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to have a conversation with you so please leave me a comment. MFS xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...